Events Search and Views Navigation
Dans certains cas, Civil 3D de base ne contient pas les principales caractéristiques et les fonctionnalités requises pour le bon fonctionnement du logiciel. Ce qui peut être long et extrêmement frustrant pour les utilisateurs. Grâce aux outils CIM Civil 3D, une toute dernière nouveauté de SolidCAD, tout cela changent. Notre objectif est d’optimiser votre utilisation de Civil 3D et d’automatiser les tâches longues et répétitives. Des canalisations aux talus, de la modélisation des projets 3D aux travaux d’arpentage, de la mise en page à la gestion D.A.O., l’utilisation de Civil 3D s’améliore beaucoup avec ces outils de productivité.
With recent releases of new apps from CTC, subdivision design in Civil 3D just got a whole lot better. With Auto Grader we’ll quickly grade side lots and housing pads through customizable “grading families”, grading 100s of lots at once, including finish and pre-grade surfaces. With Earthwork Processor we’ll calculate and tabulate earthwork volumes, accounting for varying subgrade and stripping depths. With Label Genie we’ll blanket the site with all necessary spot, slope and lot labels in just a few clicks.
- Define "grading familes" for different lot types to grade 100s of lots at once
- Create "earthwork sets", accounting for variable-depth subgrades and tabulate/export cut/fill results
- Automatically label all lot lines, housing pads and more with custom label scenarios, inserting 1000s of labels at once
- Update all feature lines, earthworks and labels when designs change with just a few clicks
HIVE is a streamlined Content Management System and Project Performance Logger. But once set up, how do you get access to the data that provides the BIM Managers so much value? In this webinar we will demonstrate the online reports in detail, explaining all aspects of the stock reports. Additionally, we will walk through the exact workflow to get access to all of your back end data by using Microsoft’s Power BI toolset. At the end, you will see how you can get tons of data at your fingertips, providing insight on the health of your content library and your projects.
- Define Analytics Pre-Requisites
- How to Access HIVE's Analytics
- Obtain the Data Files For Analytics
- Download and Setup Power BI Template
Would you like to automate mundane tasks and complete schedules with speed and accuracy in Revit? Gain valuable efficiency with new workflows leveraging Spreadsheet Link, a CTC Software tool in BIM Project Suite.
- Create multiple sheets in minutes
- Produce a finished schedule with the auto-fill function, which is not available in native Revit
- Generate a toilet accessory schedule with the manufacturer’s specifications
- Quickly populate native Revit schedule fields with ease
Conform your Revit models to company standards by ensuring all elements are on the proper text style and dimensions are not overwritten.
- Explore the DIM Checker and Type Swapper interface.
- Correct dimensions that have been modified to have false information.
- Find elements that were placed on wrong style and correct them
Want a way to stay coordinated in Revit and do electrical one-line diagrams? Use the MEP Productivity Pack to get started.
- Understand design Options and how they can be used
- See intelligent tags used for symbolic and label information at the same time
With recent releases of new apps from CTC, commercial site design has been completely reimagined. With Auto Grader we’ll grade out curbs, ponds and more through customizable “grading families”, generating dozens of feature lines automatically, where normally tedious stepped offsetting would be required. With Earthwork Processor we’ll quickly tabulate earthwork volumes, accounting for varying subgrade and stripping depths. With Label Genie we’ll blanket the site with 100s of spot and slope labels in just a few clicks. When the design changes, all feature lines, earthworks and labels will update automatically.
- Define "grading familes" to automically offset dozens of feature lines at once for curbs, ponds and more
- Create "earthwork sets", accounting for variable-depth subgrades and tabulate cut/fill results
- Automatically label all site features with custom label scenarios, inserting 1000s of labels at once
- Update all feature lines, earthworks and labels when designs change with just a few clicks
Detail conversion from CAD is time consuming, so why not cut that time in half? Look at a step by step workflow and apply the CTC Type Swapper tool to reduce manual tasks within that workflow.
- Learn detail conversion from CAD
- Review time-saving tools in the Type Swapper
- Discuss using templates for conversion
Revit project files can bloat and slow down over time. Not only does this make our Revit files open, and save slower, but they are less responsive overall. This cost you time, and adds to user frustration. Additionally, extraneous or duplicate information, families, content, parameters, views, and more may lead to accuracy and fidelity issues, causing errors in the documentation. This obviously is a risk that needs to be addressed. CTC has automated processes to help you ensure that your projects are fast, accurate, and easier to interact with. This positively impacts not only your interaction with Revit, but your firm’s bottom line and risk management as well.
Join us as Chris Bercher will present on how leading firms are using these processes for better project outcomes.
- Understand the typical issues that affect Revit projects
- Learn the factors that lead to these issues
- Resolve these typical Revit project issues
- Build a long term strategy to positively impact each project
The new Pipe Jammer from CTC will allow exporting of Civil 3D Pipe and Pressure Networks to spreadsheets. This allows for custom analyses to be performed, or creation of complex pipe tables and reports that simply aren’t possible with native Civil 3D tools. After updates to the spreadsheet, import back to Civil 3D to update pipe and pressure networks.
- Create custom spreadsheet exports for pipe and pressure networks
- Import spreadsheets to Civil 3D to update pipe and pressure networks
- Perform custom analyses in the spreadsheet with your exact pipe data
- Include drainage area catchment properties for storm inlets
Something we hear all the time is some variation of “I don’t have the time to do it right.”
We don’t want to just “get it done,” but we don’t always have time to fully implement a fix for a discovered issue. Families don’t schedule correctly, so we fix the single instance in a project to get on with things. Users don’t find the right piece of content, so they shoe-horn in something they found on the web.
This is simply a way to guarantee that other aspects of our BIM break along the way.
So, how do we, as advanced Revit users, do things correctly when we all have other pressures and jobs to do?
CTC Software has solutions dedicated for BIM Managers to efficiently correct their content, consistently, and with minimal effort. Additionally, there are other tools that help those same BIM Managers distribute that same content quickly. So, in the future, designers in the company can find the right pieces and use them in their developing BIM.
Don’t miss out on how you can rapidly repair anything in your family library, decide on a standard and implement it, and focus on the rest of the work a BIM manager has to do.
And, who knows? Perhaps, some of those other tedious tasks will become far less prevalent when the content used to assemble your firm’s BIMs is all consistent and clean.
- Rapidly repair anything in your family library
- How to keep the content used to assemble your firm’s BIMs consistent and clean
Working with Schedules in Revit can turbocharge your BIM environment. However, the schedules can also be frustrating when more than one parameter with the same name exists for a category. The game of parameter roulette destroys schedule headers, groupings and column unit overrides. Instead of playing ‘Guess-Your-Best’, the Schedule Parameter Resolver can save frustration by swapping schedule columns directly from your shared parameter file. Even more important, you can implement these changes to multiple schedules at the same time. Attend this webinar to see the Schedule Parameter Resolver work live in the Revit project environment.
- Introduction to the Schedule Parameter Resolver User Interface and Workflow
- Define Source of Parameters for Use in Swapping
- Plan Efficient Swapping of Scheduled Parameters
- Apply Parameter Swap Selections to Multiple Schedules
MEPPP content is generic, but sometimes you get a family from a manufacturer and you need to place it in the file. Should you replace the entire family or nest it in your placeholder? This webinar will go over what to do!
- What is Placeholder Family?
- Why is it important?
- What can you use it for?
- How to Obtain the Suite
Say goodbye to messy AutoCAD tool palettes and bloated block libraries. HIVE for AutoCAD blocks has arrived! CTC’s robust Revit® content management solution is being expanded to include full support for AutoCAD block libraries. Organize, manage and set permissions to ensure the latest content is available to those with permission, even when working remotely. Users can quickly find content using libraries, tags, favorites and file metadata. This update will support detailed block attributes, dynamic parameters, insertion properties and more. Easily import your legacy tool palettes and DWGs for an easy switch to Hive.
- Learn about new AutoCAD block libraries support
- Set block content permissions, tags, insertion parameters and more for a highly customized content library
- Control block access via user and group permissions
- Fully support remote users with integrated cloud hosting
In this webinar, we’ll go over the productivity pack for the different types of views that are included in the Mechanical Electrical Plumbing Productivity Pack and why they are included.
- Show the different types of views in the MEPPP
- Explain the differences between the views and why there are so many
- Show how a company can adjust the number of views for a team’s needs
- How to Obtain the Suite
Making changes to family files is a time consuming manual process. The people with the skills to properly make changes to families are usually in high demand and can’t spare days or weeks of time to manually push changes into their family library. Very frequently, family libraries are just left to stagnate and issues handled one. These changes often span multiple years and are all handled in different ways. In this webinar we will be discussing Family Processor, a tool that allows you to define one or multiple changes to one or more Revit family files, and then process those changes in batch, saving tons of time in the library maintenance cycle.
- Introduction to the Family Processor User Interface and Workflow
- Overview of Family Repair Configuration Settings
- Observe the Execution of Established Settings on a Single Family with Planning for Multiple Family Implementation
- Saving and Loading Settings for Repeatable Workflows
Join Senior MEP Technical Specialist, Bruce Johnson, as he walks you through an introduction of CTC’s HIVE CMS.
- Learn how a content management system differs from file folder storage
- Find what you’re looking for quickly
- Examine what the return on investment will look like
- Discover the other tools for BIM Managers in HIVE
DYK you could leverage CAD details from manufacturers and your existing library? No need to recreate the wheel – it’s already there! Just clean it up and ensure it’s in the correct platform.
- Quickly bring in your CAD files with Detail Link
- Clean up CAD residual information from Revit with Type Swapper
- Place details in the proper format with View Aligner
Labeling and sheet production can be a big budget killer on projects. While it seems Civil 3D should be able to automate more of this, the fact is that most of the time we’re clicking for every label we want to add. This is where Label Genie™ from CTC comes into play. We can automate well over 125 labeling processes. From MText to contour labels, we’ll show at least 30 of the most popular use cases for Label Genie.
- Learn to automate tedious labeling processes in Civil 3D
- Configure detailed label scenarios and insert 100s of labels in seconds
- As designs change, simply rerun the label scenario to update all labels
- Support for virtually all Civil 3D and AutoCAD label types
ATG Webinar: Building your Site Grading Tool Chest in Civil 3D 2022 with Grading Optimization, CIM Project Suite and the Classics
Site grading has always presented designers and drafters with a host of problems and even more methods to solve them. With Civil 3D 2022’s release of the new tool Grading Optimization, we should take a moment to not only explore which options are available to us inside Civil 3D, but which ones we should focus on.
In this hour-long webinar, we’ll look at tools native to Civil 3D as well as the add-on tools from CTC software, the CIM Project Suite. After reviewing what good options remain, workflows will be presented to suggest ways to use Grading Optimization, Feature Lines and Auto Grader from the CIM Project Suite.
- Explore the new interface elements of Civil 3D 2022 for Grading Optimization to begin leveraging the power of iterative grading design
- Utilize Zones to organize a site and define key slope parameters within Grading Optimization
- Harness the “classic” power of Feature Lines to design key site features
- Use Auto Grader from the CTC CIM Project Suite to concurrently automate “stepped offsets” and add breaklines to your TIN Surfaces
Review MEPPP schedules, how to edit them and look at the fields that are included.
- Review general schedules used for setup in the MEP Productivity Pack
- Discuss workflows for using these schedules
- Learn the workflow for editing these schedules
Your company just purchased the Revit MEP Productivity Pack – now what? In this webinar, you’ll explore what your company receives in the MEPPP.
- Get started with the MEP Productivity Pack
- Dive into the MEPPP – explore what’s included and open folders to see what you can work with
- Take the first steps in utilizing the MEPPP for your firm
Civil 3D can process many parts of a Survey by linking up the descriptions from a PNEZD file to various aspects of a Civil 3D Template (dwt) and Profile. These settings can assign Points Styles, Label Styles and a Layer to all imported Points through the Description Key Set. Further processing of lines is handled by the Figure Prefix Database and the Linework Code Set. Managing most of these template settings, however, is a dull and tedious process with the tools available inside Civil 3D.
By using the CIM Manager Suite from CTC Software to pass information between Civil 3D and easy-to-use spreadsheets, CAD Managers everywhere can save time and frustration in updating or creating their Survey Templates.
- Understand the necessary components of a Survey Template for automated Point and Linework Processing
- Learn how to use the CIM Manager Suite to create a Survey Template using mostly spreadsheets
- Save time in managing Layers, Description Key Sets, and Figure Prefix Databases using the CIM Manager Suite
The Renumbering tool in the BIM Project Suite provides a fast and simple way to renumber rooms, doors, tags and much more. Auto-swapping avoids duplicates along with Alphanumeric sequential numbering set up. It can also add separators and suffixes.
- Learn about the Renumbering tool interface
- Use auto-swapping to avoid duplicates with Alphanumeric sequential numbering set up
- Renumber rooms, doors, grids, and details on sheets
Since Revit doesn’t have a quality built-in batch printing or file exporting tool, this process can be quite tedious without some kind of add-in. The Plotter & Exporter is purpose built to facilitate much both tasks, and it can be run in batch on multiple models. This introduction webinar will demonstrate how to configure and run Plotter & Exporter on multiple projects.
- Understand multiple methods for selecting views to be plotted or exported
- Define export settings for each major export type
- Automate file naming from Revit view and project properties values
- Execute on-demand or scheduled exports
Placing views on sheets and getting them to align can be troublesome. It would be nice if we had more options… The CTC BIM Project Suite offers you a free way to align views even more effectively, including the alignment of schedules and text on sheets. This short webinar will demonstrate how view alignment can be done on a sheet and across multiple sheets as efficiently as possible.
- Understand the different elements that can be aligned on sheets
- Demonstrate simple edge alignment of view elements
- Leverage elevation alignment
- Learn how to obtain the suite
Layers in Civil 3D are tricky to master – Styles and settings can control layers, not just lines and text assigned to a layer in an AutoCAD-based workflow. We’ll look different Civil 3D layer constraints + use CTC CIM Manager Suite for easy layer management in Civil 3D templates.
- Learn the difference between AutoCAD and Civil 3D layers
- See where layers are used in Civil 3D
- Determine best practices for Layer Management in Civil 3D
- Explore how CTC Tools can simplify CAD Management for layers
Have you ever tried to create a schedule in Revit and calculate the costs of individual furniture family in your model? How about any family in Revit? Have you tried adding formulas to a schedule in Revit? You can’t. But by using Spreadsheet Link and Schedule XL, you can. These are two CTC Tools that let you create schedules in Revit, add formulas to the cells and calculate BIM data in your model.
- Learn how to use Spreadsheet Link to export and import data between Revit and a spreadsheet program.
- Learn how to use Schedule XL to create a schedule and reproduce the information from a spreadsheet.
- Learn how to import this new Spreadsheet into Revit and place it on a sheet.
While Civil 3D pipe networks are some of the easier toolsets to use, they leave a lot to be desired in terms of efficiency. With CTC’s full fleet of pipe tools users can edit by pipe runs, perform detailed analyses through spreadsheet syncing, create detailed pipe depth reports and manhole schedules, and manage part sizes and properties all at once.
- Learn to work more effectively with Civil 3D pipe networks
- Edit entire pipe networks through in-app spreadsheets or Excel®
- Export pipe networks to excel, then sync changes back to Civil 3D
- Design pipe networks by pipe runs instead of one at a time
Join our Technical Consultant Peter van Stee as he demonstrates the Occupancy and Fire Safety workflows available with the Fire Rating and Occupancy Flow Analyzer tools from the BIM Project Suite.
- Automating the creation of fire separation lines on plans
- Calculate occupant load for each room
- Automatically create existing travel distance lines from each space to an exit
The spatial program is critical to the pre-design phase of architecture. It defines the client’s expectations for size and area within a new building and is the designer’s primary responsibility to confirm the schematic design meets all the spatial criteria outlined within the program. What if there was an easy button to confirm area requirements are met using the data stored within the Revit file?
- Learn the basics of CTC Tool Spreadsheet Link
- Track spatial requirements using native Revit room areas
- Manipulate and evaluate data extracted from Revit in Excel
- Confirm spatial requirements are met via visual overrides
Showing the use cases for the FREE Tools in the BIM Project Suite– something for ALL Revit users!
- Free Tools Show-N-Tell: View aligner
- Length calculator
- Detail Link
- Renumbering tool and Quick Select
Refining selections in Revit can be frustrating when you realize you can only filter selections at the category level. Alternatively, users can build throwaway schedules to refine selections. These methods aren’t efficient.
The free Quick Select tool on the BIM Project Suite allows for powerful selections and filtering from existing selections without the need to build disposable schedules. The selection rules can be saved, re-used and shared. This live webinar will demonstrate the easy workflows to build and refine selections.
- Generate simple selection sets
- Implement powerful element selection refinement
- Leverage repeatable saved selections
- Learn how to obtain the suite
In this webinar, we will go over how to make pre-defined shared parameter groups inside the Shared Parameter Manager to make family creation streamlined for present and future use.
- Learn what the Shared Parameter Manager is
- Discover the importance of creating pre-defined parameter groups
- Manage parameter groups
Want to learn the most advanced and efficient way to grade residential projects? Impress even the most advanced residential designers with Autograder and Label Genie — lay out different pad types across a residential project and label feature lines to check your design with ease.
- Advanced Subassembly set up
- Advanced Corridor set up
- Side lot grading
- Residential pad grading
Join our Technical Consultant Peter van Stee as he will demonstrate how BIM Project Suite tools like Room Data Sheet and Room Family Manager can help you manage large numbers of content files, generate database information and more in a lot less time, all within the Revit environment.
- How to create sheets for rooms or spaces, and places 3D, plan, elevation, sections, schedule, and legend views
- How to define, maintain and validate the family content of each room type definitions
- And more
Discover how to lean out your project template, quick remove all unnecessary items and set the correct standards.
- Trimming your template to the bare minimum
- Establishing the correct starter template
- Separating your standards warehouse