Events Search and Views Navigation
Dans certains cas, Civil 3D de base ne contient pas les principales caractéristiques et les fonctionnalités requises pour le bon fonctionnement du logiciel. Ce qui peut être long et extrêmement frustrant pour les utilisateurs. Grâce aux outils CIM Civil 3D, une toute dernière nouveauté de SolidCAD, tout cela changent. Notre objectif est d’optimiser votre utilisation de Civil 3D et d’automatiser les tâches longues et répétitives. Des canalisations aux talus, de la modélisation des projets 3D aux travaux d’arpentage, de la mise en page à la gestion D.A.O., l’utilisation de Civil 3D s’améliore beaucoup avec ces outils de productivité.
If there’s one thing we can all get on board with, it’s free stuff. Unfortunately, free doesn’t always translate to great, or good, or even ok. In this webinar, we will cover a number of the best free tools that are available in the CTC Suites.
- Learn which free tools are geared towards improving productivity in projects.
- Learn which apps help with content and project management.
- Develop and understanding of how some of the keys features are used.
Firms have given us many different answers for why their Revit library isn’t as large or organized as they would like. Those reasons boil down to a lack of process. This webinar will be a best-practice-centric webinar on processes for harvesting content from ongoing projects.
- Review the regular ways to do it: One by one & all families
- Discover the Family Exporter
- Execute export operations
- Learn what to do next
CTC’s CIM Project Suite contains Civil 3D tools for everything from the survey, to grading, to plan production. These are big time-savers, yet somehow finding the time to get them implemented can be a challenge. Many of the tools offer customization options that greatly enhance their power. So in this webcast, we will cover some easy setup and configuration of the tools to make them work best for your company, including setting up CTC templates, as well as modifications to your own DWT template to best support CTC tools.
- Learn how to setup and optimize CIM tools
- Understand customization options to adapt the tools to company standards
- Create CTC templates for key tools so users can execute preconfigured scenarios in seconds
- Learn simple updates to make your company standards to fully leverage the CIM Project Suite
In this webinar, we’ll go over 5 simple steps to use planning and good tools to start a project as easily and efficiently as possible.
- Overview of View Templates and Sheet Standards using View Creator
- Overview of the HIVE workflow for project template
- How to create Pre-Linking Models and quickly swap them out, using Import & Link Manager
- Overview of the Type Swapper interface
In this webinar, we’ll take a look at some of the features of the MEP Productivity Pack that make it a worthwhile investment in your company to increase productivity for your designs.
- Look at some of the main features of the MEPPP and the comparisons of what a user will get from the out-of-the-box version
- Examine the shared parameters file and what it means to the user
- Look at the project setup along with views and view templates and how it’s controlled
- Open the included schedules project to see what’s included and how it works for the user
Ever wanted to take all of the client’s building requirements surrounding areas and spaces, departments and rooms, and turns those into massing blocks and layout the building design like we used to? Color-coded block diagrams and studies report the areas by department, area type, or room type? This webinar will take these requirements to the moon and back, returning with your colored massing blocks full of data pulled directly out of the datasheets, all while using one simple yet powerful tool.
- How to map the building requirements program to massing block parameters.
- Generate diagrams and reports using data provided from model.
- How to create a template for use on multiple projects.
In this webinar, we’ll go over some of the more complex family creation theories and what you can find similar in the MEPPP.
- Basics of Family Creation
- Advanced Family Creation
- Examples in MEPPP
Revit® doesn’t have a native way to plan room types and content to be placed. Many of us meet with clients to decide what is needed in the project before preliminary design even begins. This programming needs to be captured so we can validate that we met the program once the design is complete. There are some tools that are very expensive, but if you are seeking an entry-level solution, the Room Family Manager may be a powerful solution that you can leverage to program your projects with delivery validation.
- Accessing Room Family Manager
- Introduction to Interface
- Define and Assign Room Types
- Creation of Families and Room Validation
Revit® has passable tools for managing linked files, but they could be easier to use. Additionally, there are no tools to manage or discover the imports that make their way into our design models. The Import & Link Manager tool handles both of these issues, making the correction of imports and the management of links far easier. Join us as we explore this toolset, so you can more efficiently manage your models.
- Learn how to obtain the BIM Manager Suite
- Introduction to Import & Link Manager user interface
- Executing link management
- Updating imported models efficiently
The HIVE is full of users, Time for Crowd Control. The more projects, the more users you have. Easily learn to manage all users into groups in HIVE as an Admin. Since access to HIVE and content within hive is directly related to user accounts and user groups, it is important to have a solid plan for managing all of your users in the HIVE. Also, you likely do not want to manage each user one by one. In this webinar, we will discuss all of the details around User and Group administration in the HIVE Portal
Demonstrate How to Define Users
Describe User Groups and How to Use Them
Outline User and Group Rights
Identify Easy Automation for Both User and Group Creation
Earthwork Processor is a robust tool that automates the calculation and documentation of complex earthwork volumes in Civil 3D, particularly in land development projects. Given the importance of getting the right numbers, it’s critical that users of CTC’s Earthwork Processor understand what’s happening behind the curtain. So in this webcast, we will explain the behind-the-scenes automation at play so you can have total confidence in the numbers Earthwork Processor is providing.
Understand the multiple surfaces created by Earthwork Processor and how they generate earthwork volumes
Learn about settings in Earthwork Processor to fully customize tables and labels
Gain confidence in the automation Earthwork Processor provides, allowing you to focus on design and complete projects on time
Understand the “magic” behind the numbers with Earthwork Processor
- Understand the multiple surfaces created by Earthwork Processor and how they generate earthwork volumes
- Learn about settings in Earthwork Processor to fully customize tables and labels
- Gain confidence in the automation Earthwork Processor provides, allowing you to focus on design and complete projects on time
- Understand the "magic" behind the numbers with Earthwork Processor
Revit’s revision system can work well when clouds are used. However, try to associate a revision to a sheet or series of sheets without a cloud on that sheet, and things become somewhat more tedious. Try to get a report of all revisions on all sheets, and now we’ve reached the impossible in native Revit. This webinar will demonstrate how revisions can be more efficiently managed in a Revit project, how Revision reports can be obtained, and by using another BIM Project Suite tool, how they can be represented efficiently on a cover sheet.
- Understanding how to Access Revision Manager
- Execute Easy Sheet Revision Updates
- Define Sheet and View Revision Filters
- Export Sheet Revision and View Revision Cloud Reports
Any time you need to search for content, whether it is in a Content Management System of just in Windows Explorer, it can feel daunting. We often feel that must know the secret handshake and have the special skull key found on a secret mission to get any answers from your searches. This webinar will demystify searching within the CTC HIVE CMS so at least there you have all the knowledge needed to find whatever can be found.
1. Run simple searches
2. Use filtering to optimize search results
3. Leverage special search commands to further filter results
4. Save and use Saved searches for common or complex searches
As a HIVE admin, you need to configure HIVE to work for your entire team. Having settings configured in non-optimal ways means that your designers don’t get the best experience in HIVE within your company. Our defaults are pretty good, but may not be exactly what you want. This webinar will outline every HIVE CMS setting and explain what it means and how it can affect your team’s experience.
1. Navigate to HIVE settings control panel
2. Inspect default user settings
3. Explain organization wide settings
4. Configure and save settings specific to organization needs
So you are in HIVE CMS and you have found what you are looking for, now how do you use it?
This webinar will cover the different ways you can insert content from the basic insertion to version specific insertion of a specific type. There are some important nuances to Revit content insertion that you likely want to know so you can understand exactly how the insertion or re-insertion of something will affect your projects.
1. Understanding how Double Click in HIVE Works
2. Define and Use the Right Click Insertion Options
3. Insertion of Multiple Items in One Step
4. Describe the Process to Update Content in Your Models
Options are always nice… So now you are a HIVE user but to what extent can you control what you see? HIVE has a few different options in your control that can help change or improve your experience, depending on your preferences. This webinar will demonstrate each option, how you can control the settings, and the the option means for.
1. Identify and Control Preview Sizes
2. Control how Content is Presented
3. Control Type Selection on Insertion
4. Control Filter and Detail Panel Persistence
This is not the content you are looking for… or is it? You have found some content and used it, but did not get the result you were expecting, or worse, something went wrong with that content. Leave a review so the admins know what is wrong. This webinar will demonstrate the review process in detail.
- Discover How to Access Content Reviews
- Define Review Properties
- Updating a Past Review
- Filtering for Content With Good Ratings
You’ve received a new HIVE Request: Accept or Decline. As an admin, what do you do when a new request is submitted in HIVE. This webinar will cover HIVE requests and what you as the admin need to do with them.
- What is a HIVE Request
- How to Access Submitted Requests
- Admin Controls for Requests
- Review Request Commenting
With a rebel yell they cried more, more, more! Want more content, need more content? This webinar is just for you. When you cannot find what you need, it is important to know how to ask for more content. Additionally this webinar will cover how to look at other requests from your company and interact with other requests.
- Discover How to Submit Requests
- Define How to Update Your Submitted Requests
- Vote and Subscribe to Requests by Others
- How to Get Notified When Your Request is Complete
The HIVE is full of users, Time for Crowd Control. The more projects, the more users you have. Easily learn to manage all users into groups in HIVE as an Admin. Since access to HIVE and content within hive is directly related to user accounts and user groups, it is important to have a solid plan for managing all of your users in the HIVE. Also, you likely do not want to manage each user one by one. In this webinar, we will discuss all of the details around User and Group administration in the HIVE Portal.
- Demonstrate How to Define Users
- Describe User Groups and How to Use Them
- Outline User and Group Rights
- Identify Easy Automation for Both User and Group Creation
Not all libraries require a library card, some are just open to the public free of charge. Some libraries created in HIVE can be set to public allowing the world to use the content included in that library. This webinar shows how to create a public library, why you would or wouldn’t want to have it public and how it effects your users. It will also cover how to search for other available public libraries.
- Define What are Public Libraries
- Identify Why You May or May Not Want to Subscribe to a Public Library
- Discover How to Subscribe to Public Libraries
- Understand How to Unsubscribe From a Public Library
Perhaps you have investigates some of the Public Libraries, and now it is time for you to build your own custom library in HIVE. Libraries ate the key organizational control you have in organizing your Content in HIVE. In order to establish the best user experience, you want to be sure your content is organized in a way the end users can navigate. This webinar will discuss all the detail around library creation and administration.
- Define What a HIVE Library is
- Establish a Plan for Library Organization
- Create Custom Libraries and Investigate Options
- Control User Access to Custom Libraries
Before adding content to HIVE libraries, it is best to plan what graphics the users will see when your content is found in a search. Do you want your doors to appear shaded in elevation? Maybe you want Furniture to appear in 3D and be realistically rendered? Whatever it is you want, you have to plan ahead a little. This webinar will demonstrate how you can control the automatic preview generation tools, built in to HIVE, for Revit Family files.
- Control if and When Family Previews are Generated
- Toggle Default Settings for Family Preview Creation
- Customize Family Preview Settings per Revit Category and Host Type
- Manually Replace Previews on Any Content in HIVE
Adding content to HIVE is the last step in preparing your HIVE CMS before inviting all of your users to begin using this powerful tool. Most files are pretty easy to add to HIVE, but Revit Content has some special controls. In this webinar we will dig deep into the adding of both Component Family files and System Family content from Revit Projects.
- Describe Different Revit Content Types
- Process Component Families into HIVE CMS
- Process Project Hosted Content into HIVE CMS
- Establish a Plan to Update and Maintain Content Already Processed
So you have found what you believe to be the correct piece of content… Is it really? Do you want to know for sure before you load it into your project? The HIVE Details panel can show you quite a bit more than just a preview image for a specific piece of content. See all detailed parameters for all types and variations on any piece of content on demand without the need to manually open the files one by one.
This webinar will dig deep into the Details panel available in HIVE CMS, describing some of the strategies you can use to get the best results from the content HIVE presents to you after you run a search.
- Accessing The Details Panel
- Navigating Common Content Details
- Looking at Content File and Type Data
- Searching Within Type Data
There is a lot of automatic, filter ready data in the HIVE CMS. Sometimes, however, it is meaningful to add your own subjective filtration to something. Tagging can be the perfect tool for you to add another level of filtration for users that can be used in searches on demand, or in saved searches for powerful result filtering.
This webinar will dig deep into some of the finer points of content tagging so you can get the best possible results from the HIVE CMS.
- Describe the Effect Tags Have on Content Search Results
- Define Naming Conventions for HIVE Tagging
- Assign/Unassign Tags from HIVE Content
- Leveraging Tagging in Saved Searches
HIVE has some very powerful filtration controls. Some of those controls relate directly to some of the linked design applications. Revit and AutoCAD have their own sections in the Filters panel, allowing you to filter down to some very important app-specific criteria.
In this webinar, we will cover what each filter does and how it can be used to refine your search results very quickly, and we will discover how this can be combined with search words to very quickly find the content you need to use in your design environment.
- Expand and Collapse Application Specific Filtration
- Define Application Specific Filter Abilities
- Use Design Application Specific Filters to Refine General Search Results
- Limit Results to Explicit Design Application