users groups and offer free webcasts.
Events Search and Views Navigation
Revit® is a powerful MEP modeling tool, but requires extensive up-front work by savvy users to create useful project templates and content libraries. A fully developed starter project and library can require thousands of hours to create. The MEP Productivity Pack (MEPPP) from CTC Software™ allows firms to skip this process entirely by providing a set of standards implemented throughout a starter project, a sample project and a vast amount of family content based on actual manufacturer data. The MEPPP has been vetted by multiple industry design professionals. Not only is the MEPPP an all-in-one, get-started-now package for firms new to Revit, but for established Revit users it provides advanced features created by Revit experts that are found in no other industry product.
This webinar will focus primarily on the metric conversion efforts in the MEPPP related to the following: code review and integration, unit conversion process, pipe & duct sizes & types implementation, tag and schedule unit corrections, model group corrections, performance table enhancements with proper data, and family functionality for dual units.
- Understand commonalities and differences between US (imperial) & Canadian (metric) design
- Learn streamlined methods for converting Imperial unit models to metric
- Outline families that can be used in both imperial and metric unit workflows
- Discuss current and future development efforts in Canada
Dans certains cas, Civil 3D de base ne contient pas les principales caractéristiques et les fonctionnalités requises pour le bon fonctionnement du logiciel. Ce qui peut être long et extrêmement frustrant pour les utilisateurs. Grâce aux outils CIM Civil 3D, une toute dernière nouveauté de SolidCAD, tout cela changent. Notre objectif est d’optimiser votre utilisation de Civil 3D et d’automatiser les tâches longues et répétitives. Des canalisations aux talus, de la modélisation des projets 3D aux travaux d’arpentage, de la mise en page à la gestion D.A.O., l’utilisation de Civil 3D s’améliore beaucoup avec ces outils de productivité.
Managing many users and groups in HIVE one by one can be inefficient when you have more than 10 users. This webinar will demonstrate exactly how users can be very efficiently added, updated and just generally managed. This will allow you to far more easily assign groups, update offices and departments for users via the Excel workflow. Additionally, the user creation and disabling can be entirely synchronized with your internal Active Directory, greatly minimizing your user and group management tasks. Join us live in this webinar to get all user management questions answered.
- Essential User and group management strategies
- How to obtain an export of all users
- How to push changes to users and groups into HIVE
- Associating Active Directory to your HIVE account
Revit® project model maintenance can be disruptive to project teams and very time consuming to manually do on a regular basis. Instead of manually tracking issues and fixing common problems, CTC proposes that your team leverage tools to help automate the model maintenance cycle. In part three of this mini-series, we look at some tools that can help with content replacement and editing data values.
- Removing duplicate families
- Cleaning up the annotations, fill patterns and materials
- Renaming sheets and views to follow standards
Earthwork volume calculations can be a complex task in Civil 3D, especially with variable depth subgrades found in many site projects. With the CTC Earthwork Processor in the CIM Project Suite, this work is done for you. Subgrade and stripping surfaces are created based on intuitive inputs, then results can be automatically labeled, tabled, hatched or exported to a spreadsheet.
- Create variable-depth subgrade surfaces with just a few inputs
- Account for different regions on the site, as well as soil stripping depths
- Automatically label and hatch different subgrade regions
- Create custom spreadsheet and AutoCAD table reports of earthwork volumes
Civil 3D corridor targeting just a got a whole lot easier with the new Corridor Mapper from CTC. Create dynamic target mappings by linking subassemblies to styles, layers, object names, or to another sub assembly. Simply create target objects and watch as they automatically get pulled into your corridor. Gone are the days of time-consuming and error-prone target mapping.
- Speed up corridor modeling by automated target assignment
- Build smarter corridors with dynamic target mappings
- Link subassemblies to layers, styles or object names to automate corridor target assignment
- Mirror one subassembly's targets to another to save time with redundant targeting
As a BIM Manager, you have better things to do with your time than to manually track down shared parameter files and issues. While the Shared Parameter Manager will not find files for you, once you have them, it will compare and help in the merging of parameter definitions, as appropriate. Additionally, you can manage parameters in the files more easily by updating naming conventions, using individual updates or with a convenient find/replace. This webinar will introduce you to the major functionality, allowing you to discover a better way to manage your shared parameter files.
- Accessing Shared Parameter Manager
- Introduction to interface
- Compare multiple shared parameter files
- Update parameter names
Revit® project model maintenance can be disruptive to project teams and very time consuming to manually do on a regular basis. Instead of manually tracking issues and fixing common problems, CTC proposes that your team leverage tools to help automate the model maintenance cycle. In part 4 of this mini-series, we will look at how to deal with non-company standard content, and a way to perform tasks on multiple projects.
- Repairing schedules that have broken parameters
- Renaming rooms, spaces, areas as project develops
- Purging content and data from multiple projects at a time
- Additional ways to maintain project files
When something that should be displayed in a view is nowhere to be found, it can cause great frustration. When end users have to spend time fixing these visibility issues, they aren’t being productive on other model development tasks. The Invisibility Advisor was purpose-built to investigate and resolve visibility issues with components that are hidden in various ways, saving time and frustration.
- Accessing Invisibility Advisor
- Introduction to interface
- Selection of elements and views
- Resolve issues with invisibility
Revit project model maintenance can be a disruptive to project teams. Also, this maintenance can be very time consuming to manually do on a regular basis. Instead of manually tracking issues and manually fixing common problems, CTC proposes that your team leverage tools to help automate the model maintenance cycle. In Part 5 of this mini-series, we will look at how to process many of the previous tasks at the same time on multiple projects.
- Cleanup multiple models at the same time
- Purge Content and Data
- Rename Views and Sheets
- Maintain Linked Data
Learn about free CTC apps for Civil 3D, including tools for survey, pipe networks, corridors, and visual linetype creation. With something for everyone, these apps take tedious processes and accomplish them in a fraction of the time.
- Swap multiple pipe network parts in plan and/or profile at the same time Convert feature lines into alignments for stakeout and quick object conversions
- Work more effectively with Civil 3D survey databases
- Quickly reset corridor targets for when designs change
- Create and edit linetypes in a visual, dynamic interface instead of through tedious .LIN files
Ensuring Revit users have access to a single source of well-managed content leads to greater project success. Reducing time users spending in searching for the right Revit families positively impacts your firm’s bottom line. We’ve been actively working for years to streamline Revit design and engineering processes. This work has lead us to create HIVE, which was built based upon client feedback to be the best content management system for Revit.
- See how HIVE improves Revit user productivity and reduces frustration
- Learn how innovative BIM Managers are proactively solving project and content issues
- Understand impacts to your projects and firm’s bottom line, ROI
- Get started by organizing your content in a free HIVE instance
With recent releases of new apps from CTC, subdivision design in Civil 3D just got a whole lot better. With Auto Grader we’ll quickly grade side lots and housing pads through customizable “grading families”, grading 100s of lots at once, including finish and pre-grade surfaces. With Earthwork Processor we’ll calculate and tabulate earthwork volumes, accounting for varying subgrade and stripping depths. With Label Genie we’ll blanket the site with all necessary spot, slope and lot labels in just a few clicks.
- Define "grading familes" for different lot types to grade 100s of lots at once
- Create "earthwork sets", accounting for variable-depth subgrades and tabulate/export cut/fill results
- Automatically label all lot lines, housing pads and more with custom label scenarios, inserting 1000s of labels at once
- Update all feature lines, earthworks and labels when designs change with just a few clicks
HIVE is a streamlined Content Management System and Project Performance Logger. But once set up, how do you get access to the data that provides the BIM Managers so much value? In this webinar we will demonstrate the online reports in detail, explaining all aspects of the stock reports. Additionally, we will walk through the exact workflow to get access to all of your back end data by using Microsoft’s Power BI toolset. At the end, you will see how you can get tons of data at your fingertips, providing insight on the health of your content library and your projects.
- Define Analytics Pre-Requisites
- How to Access HIVE's Analytics
- Obtain the Data Files For Analytics
- Download and Setup Power BI Template
Would you like to automate mundane tasks and complete schedules with speed and accuracy in Revit? Gain valuable efficiency with new workflows leveraging Spreadsheet Link, a CTC Software tool in BIM Project Suite.
- Create multiple sheets in minutes
- Produce a finished schedule with the auto-fill function, which is not available in native Revit
- Generate a toilet accessory schedule with the manufacturer’s specifications
- Quickly populate native Revit schedule fields with ease
Conform your Revit models to company standards by ensuring all elements are on the proper text style and dimensions are not overwritten.
- Explore the DIM Checker and Type Swapper interface.
- Correct dimensions that have been modified to have false information.
- Find elements that were placed on wrong style and correct them
Want a way to stay coordinated in Revit and do electrical one-line diagrams? Use the MEP Productivity Pack to get started.
- Understand design Options and how they can be used
- See intelligent tags used for symbolic and label information at the same time
With recent releases of new apps from CTC, commercial site design has been completely reimagined. With Auto Grader we’ll grade out curbs, ponds and more through customizable “grading families”, generating dozens of feature lines automatically, where normally tedious stepped offsetting would be required. With Earthwork Processor we’ll quickly tabulate earthwork volumes, accounting for varying subgrade and stripping depths. With Label Genie we’ll blanket the site with 100s of spot and slope labels in just a few clicks. When the design changes, all feature lines, earthworks and labels will update automatically.
- Define "grading familes" to automically offset dozens of feature lines at once for curbs, ponds and more
- Create "earthwork sets", accounting for variable-depth subgrades and tabulate cut/fill results
- Automatically label all site features with custom label scenarios, inserting 1000s of labels at once
- Update all feature lines, earthworks and labels when designs change with just a few clicks
Detail conversion from CAD is time consuming, so why not cut that time in half? Look at a step by step workflow and apply the CTC Type Swapper tool to reduce manual tasks within that workflow.
- Learn detail conversion from CAD
- Review time-saving tools in the Type Swapper
- Discuss using templates for conversion
Revit project files can bloat and slow down over time. Not only does this make our Revit files open, and save slower, but they are less responsive overall. This cost you time, and adds to user frustration. Additionally, extraneous or duplicate information, families, content, parameters, views, and more may lead to accuracy and fidelity issues, causing errors in the documentation. This obviously is a risk that needs to be addressed. CTC has automated processes to help you ensure that your projects are fast, accurate, and easier to interact with. This positively impacts not only your interaction with Revit, but your firm’s bottom line and risk management as well.
Join us as Chris Bercher will present on how leading firms are using these processes for better project outcomes.
- Understand the typical issues that affect Revit projects
- Learn the factors that lead to these issues
- Resolve these typical Revit project issues
- Build a long term strategy to positively impact each project
The new Pipe Jammer from CTC will allow exporting of Civil 3D Pipe and Pressure Networks to spreadsheets. This allows for custom analyses to be performed, or creation of complex pipe tables and reports that simply aren’t possible with native Civil 3D tools. After updates to the spreadsheet, import back to Civil 3D to update pipe and pressure networks.
- Create custom spreadsheet exports for pipe and pressure networks
- Import spreadsheets to Civil 3D to update pipe and pressure networks
- Perform custom analyses in the spreadsheet with your exact pipe data
- Include drainage area catchment properties for storm inlets
Something we hear all the time is some variation of “I don’t have the time to do it right.”
We don’t want to just “get it done,” but we don’t always have time to fully implement a fix for a discovered issue. Families don’t schedule correctly, so we fix the single instance in a project to get on with things. Users don’t find the right piece of content, so they shoe-horn in something they found on the web.
This is simply a way to guarantee that other aspects of our BIM break along the way.
So, how do we, as advanced Revit users, do things correctly when we all have other pressures and jobs to do?
CTC Software has solutions dedicated for BIM Managers to efficiently correct their content, consistently, and with minimal effort. Additionally, there are other tools that help those same BIM Managers distribute that same content quickly. So, in the future, designers in the company can find the right pieces and use them in their developing BIM.
Don’t miss out on how you can rapidly repair anything in your family library, decide on a standard and implement it, and focus on the rest of the work a BIM manager has to do.
And, who knows? Perhaps, some of those other tedious tasks will become far less prevalent when the content used to assemble your firm’s BIMs is all consistent and clean.
- Rapidly repair anything in your family library
- How to keep the content used to assemble your firm’s BIMs consistent and clean
Working with Schedules in Revit can turbocharge your BIM environment. However, the schedules can also be frustrating when more than one parameter with the same name exists for a category. The game of parameter roulette destroys schedule headers, groupings and column unit overrides. Instead of playing ‘Guess-Your-Best’, the Schedule Parameter Resolver can save frustration by swapping schedule columns directly from your shared parameter file. Even more important, you can implement these changes to multiple schedules at the same time. Attend this webinar to see the Schedule Parameter Resolver work live in the Revit project environment.
- Introduction to the Schedule Parameter Resolver User Interface and Workflow
- Define Source of Parameters for Use in Swapping
- Plan Efficient Swapping of Scheduled Parameters
- Apply Parameter Swap Selections to Multiple Schedules