Upcoming Events › Civil
Events Search and Views Navigation
Grading Optimization is a new feature in version 2022 of Civil 3D. It is an iterative design tool that allows users to define various site features with unique slope constraints. Another key feature of Grading Optimization is that it uses earthwork balance as an input, rather than the output of a long and complicated process. This webinar will cover the basics of using the tool, considerations for site and subdivision projects, as well as how to use the outputs in a practical manner for the final design.
- Explore the new interface elements of Civil 3D 2022 for Grading Optimization to begin leveraging the power of iterative grading design
- Utilize Zones to organize a site and define key slope parameters within Grading Optimization
- Implement Grading Optimization for site/area project workflows and for subdivision project workflows
- Transition the outputs from Grading Optimization to a final design
We all get tired of the repetitive labeling in Civil 3D. We often wonder if there is a faster, more efficient way. There is in CTC CIM Suite’s tool Label Genie. We will cover how to not only label the current drawing, But multiple drawings at the same time.
- How to label across multiple drawings
- Keeping consistent labeling
- Labeling Xrefs
Intersection design with corridors in Civil 3D can prove challenging at times. With all the complex targeting required, keeping it straight is difficult. However, with Corridor Mapper from the CIM Project Suite we can link subassemblies to layers, styles, object names and even other subassemblies. When target objects are created on those layers, styles, etc. they are automatically assigned to the corridor. This saves tons of time and allows the designer to create a “dynamic target mapping” that automatically adds and subtracts targets as designs evolve.
- Learn to create corridors that better respond to design changes
- Quickly model intersections through a dynamic target mapping
- Link subassemblies to layers, styles, objects names and other subassemblies for quick target assignment
- Save time by avoiding the time-consuming native target mapping interface
In this webinar, we’ll be covering the best workflows to download and install the CTC Software, as well as get it licensed.
- Learn how to download the tools
- Explore the different installation processes
- Discuss the ways to license the tools
With all of the daily tedious tasks we have to do, lot grading can be the most tedious. Copying, moving and setting grades can all be exhausting. Luckily, with Auto Grader, we can automate most of those tasks making residential lot grading in Civil 3D very easy.
- Advanced residential lot grading
- Efficient lot grading
- Time saving tasks for residential grading
Knowing how deep our storm and sanitary networks will be helps estimate costs and construction efforts. Yet, creating accurate pipe depth reports in Civil 3D® is quite tedious. With the new Pipe Planner from CTC we can automatically generate pipe depth reports. With depth range controls and other parameters we can easily generate custom reports and export to external spreadsheets. Join us to learn how!
- Learn to create pipe depth reports of Civil 3D pipe networks
- Easily export results to external spreadsheets for downstream use
- As designs change, run the pipe depth report again for quick updating
- Save pipe depth report templates for quick repeat on different standards
Running storm analyses on our pipe networks should be straightforward in Civil 3D. Yet, with the overly complex tools out there and no good way to effectively export to external spreadsheets, it’s more difficult than it ought to be. With Pipe Planner from CTC we can build custom in-app tables based on the exact parts and properties desired. This can then be exported to a preconfigured spreadsheet where we run our analysis, adjusting sizes and parameters as needed. We can then sync this back to excel and update our pipe network all in just a few minutes.
- Learn to create custom exports to external spreadsheets for storm water analysis
- After analyses are run, sync spreadsheets back to Civil 3D to update pipe networks
- Save export templates to company standards for quick reuse on other projects
- Export pipe network data to new or preconfigured spreadsheets