Upcoming Events › Architecture
Events Search and Views Navigation
Anytime a renumbering of rooms, doors and views needs to happen, we all grumble a bit. It is not a fun task and is often filled with frustration. The free Renumbering tool from CTC Software can help eliminate the frustration and make renumbering many things a simple task where users only have to decide order of renumbering, but do not need to participate in mindless data entry for multiple views or elements in the model. Find out how renumbering tasks can be streamlined with a free tool in this webinar.
- Accessing Renumbering
- Introduction to Interface
- Executing Renumbering Processes
- How to Obtain the Suite
Have you created a Revit model from a point cloud? If so, you may find some existing buildings have many different sizes of doors, especially old buildings that have been around for years. Revit includes built-in parameters for doors which are type-based. This means you must create a new door type for every single size of door. What if you could simply change the size via an instance parameter, and only have one door type? Join Matt Linn from ATG as he explores a workflow to create an instance-based door, with an associated door tag to control the dimension. CTC Tool Shared Parameter Manager will be highlighted to assist in producing the necessary shared parameters.
- Learn to create an instance-based door family
- Understand the fundamentals of shared parameters
- Discover how to build a door tag
- Utilize shared parameters to control the door dimensions
Learn to set up a MEP Revit Project from the initial starter template to a project model creating Plan Views, Ceiling Views and Sheets using CTC’s Revit tools.
Mel Neiberline has 19+ years working with AutoCAD Architecture and Revit. For 18 years, he set up and maintained projects using AutoCAD and Revit, uploaded and downloaded project files for clients, managed all Revit models and coordinated between MEP & clients. He retired from Korda/Nemeth Engineering in Ohio and moved to Charlotte NC. He currently works for Optima Engineering Inc. and is responsible for all Revit projects from initial setup to as-built models.
- How to improve workflow and production time cost!
Dimensions rogue type definitions that don’t match our standards make their way into our design models and templates. Finding and correcting these deviants can be quite difficult and time consuming. Greatly reduce the time it takes to manage variations and bring the model back into standards compliance.
- Access Type Swapper and its interface
- Explore problem scenarios
- Repairing models interactively
Engineers love their spreadsheets! Actually, they really love the data, and Revit® is chock full of data. So why can’t Excel® work in Revit? Guess what? It can! This webinar will show you how to take Excel data and use it to drive objects in Revit. Whether it’s pushing data in for scheduling or massaging data pulled from the models and pushed back in to make changes, this session on Spreadsheet Link will show how it’s done.
- Learn how to manipulate data in Spreadsheet Link and apply back to the model
- Understand how to format data in Excel and push back to Revit using Spreadsheet Link
- How to create a repeatable workflow that can be used by other projects
In this webinar, we’ll be covering the best workflows to download and install the CTC Software, as well as get it licensed.
- Learn how to download the tools
- Explore the different installation processes
- Discuss the ways to license the tools
The family preview that is visible from windows and while loading family content is as important as the family name for identifying what is about to be loaded. Sadly, Revit previews are quite tedious to configure. Each family must individually be touched to ensure a view is configured and established as the preview so when the family is edited, that view is still correct and ready for the updating of the family preview on save. This is something that is almost never consistently done on corporate libraries.
- Establish preview generation rules for repeatable preview generation
- Run test preview generation on active family(ies)
- Implement Family Preview Generation on all content in library
- Learn how to obtain the BIM Manager Suite
Revit will not report total values when multiple items are selected. In duct work, piping, conduit and cable tray, we often want to know the total run length of a selected collection of MEP components. What we typically have to do is create a schedule, establish some kind of filter and set totals for this kind of information. This certainly is not the most convenient when all we want is a run length quickly.
Enter the Length Calculator from the BIM Project Suite. This webinar will demonstrate live how Duct, Pipe, Conduit and Cable tray lengths can be quickly calculated with no extra steps and for free.
- Understand the traditional methods for calculating length in MEP
- Identify simple selections for runs of MEP components
- Define the properties that are used in the length calculation totals
- Learn how to obtain this BIM Project Suite tool for free