Upcoming Events › Webinars
Events Search and Views Navigation
Running storm analyses on our pipe networks should be straightforward in Civil 3D. Yet, with the overly complex tools out there and no good way to effectively export to external spreadsheets, it’s more difficult than it ought to be. With Pipe Planner from CTC we can build custom in-app tables based on the exact parts and properties desired. This can then be exported to a preconfigured spreadsheet where we run our analysis, adjusting sizes and parameters as needed. We can then sync this back to excel and update our pipe network all in just a few minutes.
- Learn to create custom exports to external spreadsheets for storm water analysis
- After analyses are run, sync spreadsheets back to Civil 3D to update pipe networks
- Save export templates to company standards for quick reuse on other projects
- Export pipe network data to new or preconfigured spreadsheets
Working with Masonry in Revit® is quite challenging. Most of what is available is strictly two-dimensional and the components that can be modeled are not accurate and have overly simplistic graphics. The lack of elements available makes working with masonry conditions cumbersome which adds a lot of unnecessary work. This webinar will go over a handful of different workflows that highlight some useful add-ins and free content to make working with masonry worth the effort.
- Understand the shortcomings and workflows to get around them.
- Discover which tools and add-ins are available.
- Additional Resources for discovering more and where to obtain these tools.
Pedestrian ramp grading and design have become a very detailed undertaking, and modeling them in Civil 3D to meet ADA requirements has become time-consuming. With the powerful apps in the CIM Project Suite for corridors and grading, we’ve been able to drastically improve processes for road design. This webcast will focus on using these tools specifically for grading ped ramps in intersections.
- Learn effective ways to model pedestrian ramps in Civil 3D
- Leverage CTC's Corridor Mapper and Auto Grader to speed up pedestrian ramp modeling
- Save time by using a fast, effective approach to grading intersection pedestrian ramps
- "Learn effective ways to model ped ramps in Civil 3D Leverage CTC's Corridor Mapper and Auto Grader to speed up pedestrian ram modeling Save time by using a fast, effective approach to grading intersection ped ramps Understand the ins and outs of CTC's corridor and grading related tools"
If there’s one thing we can all get on board with, it’s free stuff. Unfortunately, free doesn’t always translate to great, or good, or even ok. In this webinar, we will cover a number of the best free tools that are available in the CTC Suites.
- Learn which free tools are geared towards improving productivity in projects.
- Learn which apps help with content and project management.
- Develop and understanding of how some of the keys features are used.
CTC’s CIM Project Suite contains Civil 3D tools for everything from the survey, to grading, to plan production. These are big time-savers, yet somehow finding the time to get them implemented can be a challenge. Many of the tools offer customization options that greatly enhance their power. So in this webcast, we will cover some easy setup and configuration of the tools to make them work best for your company, including setting up CTC templates, as well as modifications to your own DWT template to best support CTC tools.
- Learn how to setup and optimize CIM tools
- Understand customization options to adapt the tools to company standards
- Create CTC templates for key tools so users can execute preconfigured scenarios in seconds
- Learn simple updates to make your company standards to fully leverage the CIM Project Suite
Ever wanted to take all of the client’s building requirements surrounding areas and spaces, departments and rooms, and turns those into massing blocks and layout the building design like we used to? Color-coded block diagrams and studies report the areas by department, area type, or room type? This webinar will take these requirements to the moon and back, returning with your colored massing blocks full of data pulled directly out of the datasheets, all while using one simple yet powerful tool.
- How to map the building requirements program to massing block parameters.
- Generate diagrams and reports using data provided from model.
- How to create a template for use on multiple projects.
Revit® doesn’t have a native way to plan room types and content to be placed. Many of us meet with clients to decide what is needed in the project before preliminary design even begins. This programming needs to be captured so we can validate that we met the program once the design is complete. There are some tools that are very expensive, but if you are seeking an entry-level solution, the Room Family Manager may be a powerful solution that you can leverage to program your projects with delivery validation.
- Accessing Room Family Manager
- Introduction to Interface
- Define and Assign Room Types
- Creation of Families and Room Validation
Revit® has passable tools for managing linked files, but they could be easier to use. Additionally, there are no tools to manage or discover the imports that make their way into our design models. The Import & Link Manager tool handles both of these issues, making the correction of imports and the management of links far easier. Join us as we explore this toolset, so you can more efficiently manage your models.
- Learn how to obtain the BIM Manager Suite
- Introduction to Import & Link Manager user interface
- Executing link management
- Updating imported models efficiently
Earthwork Processor is a robust tool that automates the calculation and documentation of complex earthwork volumes in Civil 3D, particularly in land development projects. Given the importance of getting the right numbers, it’s critical that users of CTC’s Earthwork Processor understand what’s happening behind the curtain. So in this webcast, we will explain the behind-the-scenes automation at play so you can have total confidence in the numbers Earthwork Processor is providing.
Understand the multiple surfaces created by Earthwork Processor and how they generate earthwork volumes
Learn about settings in Earthwork Processor to fully customize tables and labels
Gain confidence in the automation Earthwork Processor provides, allowing you to focus on design and complete projects on time
Understand the “magic” behind the numbers with Earthwork Processor
- Understand the multiple surfaces created by Earthwork Processor and how they generate earthwork volumes
- Learn about settings in Earthwork Processor to fully customize tables and labels
- Gain confidence in the automation Earthwork Processor provides, allowing you to focus on design and complete projects on time
- Understand the "magic" behind the numbers with Earthwork Processor
Revit’s revision system can work well when clouds are used. However, try to associate a revision to a sheet or series of sheets without a cloud on that sheet, and things become somewhat more tedious. Try to get a report of all revisions on all sheets, and now we’ve reached the impossible in native Revit. This webinar will demonstrate how revisions can be more efficiently managed in a Revit project, how Revision reports can be obtained, and by using another BIM Project Suite tool, how they can be represented efficiently on a cover sheet.
- Understanding how to Access Revision Manager
- Execute Easy Sheet Revision Updates
- Define Sheet and View Revision Filters
- Export Sheet Revision and View Revision Cloud Reports