users groups and offer free webcasts.
Upcoming Events › All Events
Events Search and Views Navigation
Managing many users and groups in HIVE one by one can be inefficient when you have more than 10 users. This webinar will demonstrate exactly how users can be very efficiently added, updated and just generally managed. This will allow you to far more easily assign groups, update offices and departments for users via the Excel workflow. Additionally, the user creation and disabling can be entirely synchronized with your internal Active Directory, greatly minimizing your user and group management tasks. Join us live in this webinar to get all user management questions answered.
- Essential User and group management strategies
- How to obtain an export of all users
- How to push changes to users and groups into HIVE
- Associating Active Directory to your HIVE account
Revit® project model maintenance can be disruptive to project teams and very time consuming to manually do on a regular basis. Instead of manually tracking issues and fixing common problems, CTC proposes that your team leverage tools to help automate the model maintenance cycle. In part three of this mini-series, we look at some tools that can help with content replacement and editing data values.
- Removing duplicate families
- Cleaning up the annotations, fill patterns and materials
- Renaming sheets and views to follow standards
Earthwork volume calculations can be a complex task in Civil 3D, especially with variable depth subgrades found in many site projects. With the CTC Earthwork Processor in the CIM Project Suite, this work is done for you. Subgrade and stripping surfaces are created based on intuitive inputs, then results can be automatically labeled, tabled, hatched or exported to a spreadsheet.
- Create variable-depth subgrade surfaces with just a few inputs
- Account for different regions on the site, as well as soil stripping depths
- Automatically label and hatch different subgrade regions
- Create custom spreadsheet and AutoCAD table reports of earthwork volumes
Civil 3D corridor targeting just a got a whole lot easier with the new Corridor Mapper from CTC. Create dynamic target mappings by linking subassemblies to styles, layers, object names, or to another sub assembly. Simply create target objects and watch as they automatically get pulled into your corridor. Gone are the days of time-consuming and error-prone target mapping.
- Speed up corridor modeling by automated target assignment
- Build smarter corridors with dynamic target mappings
- Link subassemblies to layers, styles or object names to automate corridor target assignment
- Mirror one subassembly's targets to another to save time with redundant targeting
As a BIM Manager, you have better things to do with your time than to manually track down shared parameter files and issues. While the Shared Parameter Manager will not find files for you, once you have them, it will compare and help in the merging of parameter definitions, as appropriate. Additionally, you can manage parameters in the files more easily by updating naming conventions, using individual updates or with a convenient find/replace. This webinar will introduce you to the major functionality, allowing you to discover a better way to manage your shared parameter files.
- Accessing Shared Parameter Manager
- Introduction to interface
- Compare multiple shared parameter files
- Update parameter names
Revit® project model maintenance can be disruptive to project teams and very time consuming to manually do on a regular basis. Instead of manually tracking issues and fixing common problems, CTC proposes that your team leverage tools to help automate the model maintenance cycle. In part 4 of this mini-series, we will look at how to deal with non-company standard content, and a way to perform tasks on multiple projects.
- Repairing schedules that have broken parameters
- Renaming rooms, spaces, areas as project develops
- Purging content and data from multiple projects at a time
- Additional ways to maintain project files
When something that should be displayed in a view is nowhere to be found, it can cause great frustration. When end users have to spend time fixing these visibility issues, they aren’t being productive on other model development tasks. The Invisibility Advisor was purpose-built to investigate and resolve visibility issues with components that are hidden in various ways, saving time and frustration.
- Accessing Invisibility Advisor
- Introduction to interface
- Selection of elements and views
- Resolve issues with invisibility
The new Pipe Jammer from CTC will allow exporting of Civil 3D Pipe and Pressure Networks to spreadsheets. This allows for custom analyses to be performed, or creation of complex pipe tables and reports that simply aren’t possible with native Civil 3D tools. After updates to the spreadsheet, import back to Civil 3D to update pipe and pressure networks.
- Create custom spreadsheet exports for pipe and pressure networks
- Import spreadsheets to Civil 3D to update pipe and pressure networks
- Perform custom analyses in the spreadsheet with your exact pipe data
- Include drainage area catchment properties for storm inlets