users groups and offer free webcasts.
Events Search and Views Navigation
Your company just purchased the Revit MEP Productivity Pack – now what? In this webinar, you’ll explore what your company receives in the MEPPP.
- Get started with the MEP Productivity Pack
- Dive into the MEPPP – explore what’s included and open folders to see what you can work with
- Take the first steps in utilizing the MEPPP for your firm
Civil 3D can process many parts of a Survey by linking up the descriptions from a PNEZD file to various aspects of a Civil 3D Template (dwt) and Profile. These settings can assign Points Styles, Label Styles and a Layer to all imported Points through the Description Key Set. Further processing of lines is handled by the Figure Prefix Database and the Linework Code Set. Managing most of these template settings, however, is a dull and tedious process with the tools available inside Civil 3D.
By using the CIM Manager Suite from CTC Software to pass information between Civil 3D and easy-to-use spreadsheets, CAD Managers everywhere can save time and frustration in updating or creating their Survey Templates.
- Understand the necessary components of a Survey Template for automated Point and Linework Processing
- Learn how to use the CIM Manager Suite to create a Survey Template using mostly spreadsheets
- Save time in managing Layers, Description Key Sets, and Figure Prefix Databases using the CIM Manager Suite
The Renumbering tool in the BIM Project Suite provides a fast and simple way to renumber rooms, doors, tags and much more. Auto-swapping avoids duplicates along with Alphanumeric sequential numbering set up. It can also add separators and suffixes.
- Learn about the Renumbering tool interface
- Use auto-swapping to avoid duplicates with Alphanumeric sequential numbering set up
- Renumber rooms, doors, grids, and details on sheets
Since Revit doesn’t have a quality built-in batch printing or file exporting tool, this process can be quite tedious without some kind of add-in. The Plotter & Exporter is purpose built to facilitate much both tasks, and it can be run in batch on multiple models. This introduction webinar will demonstrate how to configure and run Plotter & Exporter on multiple projects.
- Understand multiple methods for selecting views to be plotted or exported
- Define export settings for each major export type
- Automate file naming from Revit view and project properties values
- Execute on-demand or scheduled exports
Placing views on sheets and getting them to align can be troublesome. It would be nice if we had more options… The CTC BIM Project Suite offers you a free way to align views even more effectively, including the alignment of schedules and text on sheets. This short webinar will demonstrate how view alignment can be done on a sheet and across multiple sheets as efficiently as possible.
- Understand the different elements that can be aligned on sheets
- Demonstrate simple edge alignment of view elements
- Leverage elevation alignment
- Learn how to obtain the suite
While Civil 3D pipe networks are some of the easier toolsets to use, they leave a lot to be desired in terms of efficiency. With CTC’s full fleet of pipe tools users can edit by pipe runs, perform detailed analyses through spreadsheet syncing, create detailed pipe depth reports and manhole schedules, and manage part sizes and properties all at once.
- Learn to work more effectively with Civil 3D pipe networks
- Edit entire pipe networks through in-app spreadsheets or Excel®
- Export pipe networks to excel, then sync changes back to Civil 3D
- Design pipe networks by pipe runs instead of one at a time
Refining selections in Revit can be frustrating when you realize you can only filter selections at the category level. Alternatively, users can build throwaway schedules to refine selections. These methods aren’t efficient.
The free Quick Select tool on the BIM Project Suite allows for powerful selections and filtering from existing selections without the need to build disposable schedules. The selection rules can be saved, re-used and shared. This live webinar will demonstrate the easy workflows to build and refine selections.
- Generate simple selection sets
- Implement powerful element selection refinement
- Leverage repeatable saved selections
- Learn how to obtain the suite
Anytime a renumbering of rooms, doors and views needs to happen, we all grumble a bit. It is not a fun task and is often filled with frustration. The free Renumbering tool from CTC Software can help eliminate the frustration and make renumbering many things a simple task where users only have to decide order of renumbering, but do not need to participate in mindless data entry for multiple views or elements in the model. Find out how renumbering tasks can be streamlined with a free tool in this webinar.
- Accessing Renumbering
- Introduction to Interface
- Executing Renumbering Processes
- How to Obtain the Suite
Intersection design with corridors in Civil 3D can prove challenging at times. With all the complex targeting required, keeping it straight is difficult. However, with Corridor Mapper from the CIM Project Suite we can link subassemblies to layers, styles, object names and even other subassemblies. When target objects are created on those layers, styles, etc. they are automatically assigned to the corridor. This saves tons of time and allows the designer to create a “dynamic target mapping” that automatically adds and subtracts targets as designs evolve.
- Learn to create corridors that better respond to design changes
- Quickly model intersections through a dynamic target mapping
- Link subassemblies to layers, styles, objects names and other subassemblies for quick target assignment
- Save time by avoiding the time-consuming native target mapping interface
Engineers love their spreadsheets! Actually, they really love the data, and Revit® is chock full of data. So why can’t Excel® work in Revit? Guess what? It can! This webinar will show you how to take Excel data and use it to drive objects in Revit. Whether it’s pushing data in for scheduling or massaging data pulled from the models and pushed back in to make changes, this session on Spreadsheet Link will show how it’s done.
- Learn how to manipulate data in Spreadsheet Link and apply back to the model
- Understand how to format data in Excel and push back to Revit using Spreadsheet Link
- How to create a repeatable workflow that can be used by other projects
Knowing how deep our storm and sanitary networks will be helps estimate costs and construction efforts. Yet, creating accurate pipe depth reports in Civil 3D® is quite tedious. With the new Pipe Planner from CTC we can automatically generate pipe depth reports. With depth range controls and other parameters we can easily generate custom reports and export to external spreadsheets. Join us to learn how!
- Learn to create pipe depth reports of Civil 3D pipe networks
- Easily export results to external spreadsheets for downstream use
- As designs change, run the pipe depth report again for quick updating
- Save pipe depth report templates for quick repeat on different standards
The family preview that is visible from windows and while loading family content is as important as the family name for identifying what is about to be loaded. Sadly, Revit previews are quite tedious to configure. Each family must individually be touched to ensure a view is configured and established as the preview so when the family is edited, that view is still correct and ready for the updating of the family preview on save. This is something that is almost never consistently done on corporate libraries.
- Establish preview generation rules for repeatable preview generation
- Run test preview generation on active family(ies)
- Implement Family Preview Generation on all content in library
- Learn how to obtain the BIM Manager Suite
Revit will not report total values when multiple items are selected. In duct work, piping, conduit and cable tray, we often want to know the total run length of a selected collection of MEP components. What we typically have to do is create a schedule, establish some kind of filter and set totals for this kind of information. This certainly is not the most convenient when all we want is a run length quickly.
Enter the Length Calculator from the BIM Project Suite. This webinar will demonstrate live how Duct, Pipe, Conduit and Cable tray lengths can be quickly calculated with no extra steps and for free.
- Understand the traditional methods for calculating length in MEP
- Identify simple selections for runs of MEP components
- Define the properties that are used in the length calculation totals
- Learn how to obtain this BIM Project Suite tool for free
Running storm analyses on our pipe networks should be straightforward in Civil 3D. Yet, with the overly complex tools out there and no good way to effectively export to external spreadsheets, it’s more difficult than it ought to be. With Pipe Planner from CTC we can build custom in-app tables based on the exact parts and properties desired. This can then be exported to a preconfigured spreadsheet where we run our analysis, adjusting sizes and parameters as needed. We can then sync this back to excel and update our pipe network all in just a few minutes.
- Learn to create custom exports to external spreadsheets for storm water analysis
- After analyses are run, sync spreadsheets back to Civil 3D to update pipe networks
- Save export templates to company standards for quick reuse on other projects
- Export pipe network data to new or preconfigured spreadsheets